SPInvoice Explained is an advanced developer issue that focuses on teaching good SharePoint development concepts to experienced developers.
The solution SPInvoice is a training solution only, built to teach these concepts, using a mock but realistic software product.
In this issue, you’ll learn advanced SharePoint development concepts such as
- Building solutions that upgrade across SharePoint versions
- Understanding custom configuration options in SharePoint
- Developing advanced user experiences with delegate controls and state management
- Building rapid taxonomy solutions
- Creating advanced user interfaces using jQuery and SPServices
You can check out a preview video of the user interface of SPInvoice here:
In addition to these concepts, SPInvoice Explained covers supporting techniques such as
- Solution structure and organization
- Property bags and other configuration features
- Configuring features and solutions with feature receivers
- ASP.NET development, including custom controls and in-line code
- Migrating traditional HTML layout to SharePoint
SPInvoice Explained is now available for purchase. Included in the package is the 120 page issue and the full source code for the solution. The solution source files are also available from http://spinvoice.codeplex.com/.
Found this article valuable? Want to show your appreciation? Here are some options:
a) Click on the banners anywhere on the site to visit my blog's sponsors. They are all hand-picked and are selected based on providing great products and services to the SharePoint community.
b) Donate Bitcoins! I love Bitcoins, and you can donate if you'd like by clicking the button below.
c) Spread the word! Below, you should find links to sharing this article on your favorite social media sites. I'm an attention junkie, so sharing is caring in my book!