Tag Archives: Debugging tips

Do-It-Yourself SharePoint Tools – SPSiteLister

A while back, I wrote about my philosophy on using SharePoint tools, and how I preferred to create my own tools. A total of 1 reader wrote to me at furuknapgmail.com and asked if I could provide some examples. Don’t say I do not listen to your comments and emails, so I’m going to post […]

Read full story Comments { 1 }

Shared SQL Server for SharePoint? Watch Out!

I just encountered a weird problem. When trying to run the SharePoint Products and Technologies Configuration Wizard and connecting a server to an existing farm, the whole config wizard crashed when we clicked the Retrieve Database Names, sporting a fancy new exception I have never seen before: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Operand type clash: uniqueidentifier is incompatible with […]

Read full story Comments { 4 }

SPDisposeCheck in Visual Studio

One of the comments I have gotten from the latest USP Journal issue is that running the SPDisposeCheck is awkward because you have to do it via command line. That’s not necessarily true, there’s an easier way. Visual Studio supports external tools, allowing you to run command line tools and get the output in the […]

Read full story Comments { 4 }