As you may or may not know, the first release candidate of SharePoint 2010 is just around the corner. Here are the pre-requirements for SharePoint Server 2010, RC 1, build 4730:
- Application Server Role, Web Server (IIS) Role
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Native Client
- Hotfix for Microsoft Windows (KB976462)
- Windows Identity Foundation (KB974405)
- Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime v1.0 (x64)
- Microsoft Chart Controls for Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
- Microsoft Filter Pack 2.0
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services ADOMD.NET
- Microsoft Server Speech Platform Runtime (x64)
- Microsoft Server Speech Recognition Language – TELE(en-US)
- SQL 2008 R2 Reporting Services SharePoint 2010 Add-in
As you can see, the prerequisites now include the WCF hotfix, and the prerequisites installer tool will download and install that for you.
Notice also the speech platform requirements. I’ll dig a bit further to figure out what this means.
Found this article valuable? Want to show your appreciation? Here are some options:
a) Click on the banners anywhere on the site to visit my blog's sponsors. They are all hand-picked and are selected based on providing great products and services to the SharePoint community.
b) Donate Bitcoins! I love Bitcoins, and you can donate if you'd like by clicking the button below.
c) Spread the word! Below, you should find links to sharing this article on your favorite social media sites. I'm an attention junkie, so sharing is caring in my book!