Due to some changes in plans and priorities, I’m looking for project or contract work within the field of, you guessed it, SharePoint. If you need or know someone who needs an experienced and skilled SharePoint developer/architect for 3-6 months, then feel free to let me know.
I’m not looking for a permanent position and won’t consider that regardless of offer. My rate is $200/hour, negotiable only for longer term projects (3+ months).
I can start almost immediately (early June) and will be available until around October 2012. However, for US clients, I can only work onsite in the US for up to three months due to VISA requirements. EU is no problem because I am a Norwegian citizen. Other parts of the world varies.
Although I’m looking for work, I’m by no means desperate, so I will turn down offers that are not interesting.
Interesting work, however, would be along the lines of:
- Technical training and mentoring for SharePoint developers
- Solution architecture, SharePoint or otherwise
- SharePoint 2013/15 evaluation/exploration
- Evaluating ROI for existing or new projects
If you have or know of projects that might fit, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here’s an excerpt from my resume:
Senior solutions architect and SharePoint developer. Professional speaker and published author. USPJ Academy faculty member. Lead Editor SharePoint Magazine.
In 5 sentences
- Senior solutions architect and developer with 16 years of experience
- Published book author (18 books and journals) and online writer, community speaker
- Multiple fields of expertise, including technical, marketing, and business
- Actively working as teacher in online SharePoint university
- Business advisor with good economic understanding
- Expert in Windows SharePoint Services 3
- Expert in SharePoint Foundation 2010
- Expert in SharePoint Server 2010
- Expert in C# development and ASP.NET
- Strong in ASP.NET MVC and Entity Framework
- Strong in Windows Servers, from NT4 to 2008
- Strong in Windows infrastructure. (MCSE completed in one week)
- Strong in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Strong in XML and related languages
- Strong in SQL server and SQL
- Strong in Perl, VB.NET, and .NET
- Strong in Server hardware design
- Strong communication skills, towards both technical and business audiences
- Working knowledge of most Microsoft infrastructure products, such as SCM, MOM, and SMS.
- Working knowledge of network design.
All references by request only. References will be chosen based on project requirements. Please note that most references will be Norwegian customers speaking English, but that due to time zone differences some may not be available for direct contact.
Why should you hire me?
I have extensive experience within several fields of IT, both from developer and IT pro areas. My education and experience as an entrepreneur means I also see the business side of IT. Combining these areas means I recognize problems both for developers and administrators and can work with both camps to resolve issues. With my experience from running and managing businesses I can add and present real business value from the projects in which I participate.
From my role as an architect in recent years, I have also gained experience with Agile methodologies and can lead teams of both developers, designers, and administrators using Agile methodology. I have also worked with both small and medium size businesses, as well as multi-national companies with thousands of employees around the world.
My active participation in online communities as well as my high visibility in the SharePoint community means I get access to new knowledge very fast. I love learning whatever I do not already know, and gladly share that knowledge both online and offline.
Further, my recent ventures into online training through USPJ Academy increase my ability to transfer knowledge to colleagues, team members, clients, and management. I have also been the principal business architect for the USPJ Academy organization, including developing business plans, optimizing processes in the organization, hiring and training staff, and mentoring C-level staff in the organization.
I work very hard and have a strong sense of loyalty. I have never been away from work a single day of my life.
Found this article valuable? Want to show your appreciation? Here are some options:
a) Click on the banners anywhere on the site to visit my blog's sponsors. They are all hand-picked and are selected based on providing great products and services to the SharePoint community.
b) Donate Bitcoins! I love Bitcoins, and you can donate if you'd like by clicking the button below.
c) Spread the word! Below, you should find links to sharing this article on your favorite social media sites. I'm an attention junkie, so sharing is caring in my book!